"5.*" would imply RegEx type of expressions, which may be possible but you
need to explicitly define that. You're better off doing something like
myString.charAt(0) == "5" as it should meet your needs quite easily.

If you are not using a premium license or are otherwise unable to use the
java methods you could also use a Menu Step, have two branches, one for "5"
and one for everything else" and throw a get digit string step under the 5
branch to collect the rest.

HTH
Tanner