Spot on.  Thanks!

I used your answer and Google came back with some other threads;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/300925

From: William Bell [mailto:b...@ucguerrilla.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:21 PM
To: Jason Aarons; Online Study (ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com)
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Unregistered 7965 takes CallManager some
time to realize

Jason,

I just did a quick test in my lab where I dropped the default timers for the
two service parameters I referred to. It definitely changed the time it took
for CFUR to engage, as I expected it would. I dropped the values to 10s for
"Station KeepAlive Interval" and 20s for "Station and Backup Server
KeepAlive Interval" and found that CFUR engaged at around 15 - 20s. With
default values, it took between 55 - 60s for CFUR to engage.

-Bill

--

William Bell

blog: http://ucguerrilla.com