FWIW - I know I'm also used to getting that message from UCCX but you will
get it from CUE  as well for reasons like the one I mentioned above.  I
tested this in my lab to confirm and if you'd like to try, just disable the
voicemail application in CUE while using the SIP trigger that points to it.
 It will ring out several times and then play the message which the OP
reported.  The fact that it's getting to CUE and the error prompt is being
played eliminates much of the troubleshooting outside of CUE.  Also, if
you'd like to confirm for sanity sake that the call is in fact hitting CUE
and not UCCX, just debug ccsip messages on the SC router and watch the call
route to CUE.