Hi Josh,

I do not believe it is related to vmware environment. I am assuming your
CUPS is integrated with CUCM using SIP trunk.

Can you enable SIP debug level to detail and run collect SIP debug logs (
on primary call processing engine i.e. Sub) and check SIP logs  why there
is delay in status.?

Im my home lab I never had this issue it works almost instantly my CUPS
client is installed on UCCX server.

Regards,
Ramcharan Arya CCIE # 28926 ( Voice/R&S)