Hello,

a) From the troubleshooting guide for CUPC check this
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/7_0/english/troubleshooting/guide/trouble.html#wp1090426

b) The next one is simple. I was struggling the other day with this
specific issue and the problem was that I haven't enabled the Softphone
mode from the icon on the upper right corner. I was using the Desktop
Controlling at that time. Actually it was a Jabber on a 9.1 UCM/Precense
though.

c) Have you associated the UPC profile with the Primary device name? Are
you using md5 passwords?

Stefanos