Kenneth,

Yes, most people are using VMWare for their CM, CUC, CUP and UCCX servers.  I
downloaded the OVA templates for 8.6 and used them for my 7.x installs.  I get
a message at the CLI prompt that says it's not supported, but it works fine.
Been studying this way for a year.  I have 3 routers and a 3560 switch along
with 7 IP Phones.

--Todd