According to Jon, Isomorphous Replacement ALWAYS works,
because it is only supposed to be isomorphous.
Isomorphous difference maps can ALWAYS be calculated
with sensible results, because the unit cells of the reference and the
time-resolved data are only supposed to be isomorphous.
Something is not right here...
What is a "same unit cell?": unit cell params exact to the 6th digit,
or maybe only to a fraction of the highest resolution, what fraction?
Drenth says unit cells that differ by 0.25 x highest resolution can be
considered
isomorphous (0.5 A for 2 A data). What if 0.4 x highest resolution.

Best
Marius

Marius Schmidt, Dr. rer. Nat. (habil.)
Professor
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Kenwood Interdisciplinary Research Complex
Physics Department, Room 3087
3135 North Maryland Avenue
Milwaukee, Wi 53211
phone (office): 1-414-229-4338