Hello all.
I am struggling to get defracting crystals with a protein DNA complex. The
crystals are plentiful but they do not diffract. I am going back to the grind
stone and relookong at my DNA sequence.Is there any wisdom you could give me
with regards to what works best with DNA in crystals?From my reading it seems
if the length is a multiple of 7 (for B DNA) and blunt ended, it will stretch
over the length of the crystal and improve crystalisability. But if you want
crystals that diffract better, you will need to play with length and even
making it only one base longer or shorter can make a difference, even changing
the morphology of the crystal? Longer is better than shorter, and overhangs are
good for improving diffraction? Presumably because they stabilize contacts? It
is expensive to synthesize a while bunch of sequences so I need to be strategic
in my choice. Would appreciate any advice.Thank youCareina.