***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


At most wavelengths, you should see a peak for Cd in an anomalous difference map, while Mg has very little signal. This test would demonstrate the presence of Cd; I think that in the absense of other evidence I would model the site simply as partially occupied Cd++.

kmj

Sara Elizabeth Cnudde wrote:
***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***



Hi,
I have a structure that I'm refining that I believe has a metal site in which 50% of the time it's occupied by cadmium and the other 50% of the time this same site is occupied by magnesium. How can I really tell if this is true? If I put Mg in with 100% occupancy I see a lot of density in my fo-fc map contoured at 3 sigma indicating that this is incorrect. However, if I put in Cd with 50% occupancy I no longer see this density but if the Cd has 100% occupancy I see density in the fo-fc map contoured at -3 sigma.
Thanks,
Sara

Reply via email to