***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***



Dear Sara,

depending on the wavelength at which your data was collected, you
should get an anomalous signal for the Cd and the S atoms in
your structure. You should then be able to estimate the occupancy
of the Cd based on the peak height and the peak heights of the
S-atoms in the anomalous difference Fourier map. See for instance
Acta D58, 1407-1412 (2002).

If the data collection wavelength is too short or your anomalous
are not complete enough, I would suggest to collect some data at
a longer wavelength (1.5 A or longer depending on which facilities
you have access to). This should resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Manfred.


********************************************************************
*                                                                  *
*                    Dr. Manfred S. Weiss                          *
*                                                                  *
*                         Team Leader                              *
*                                                                  *
* EMBL Hamburg Outstation                    Fon: +49-40-89902-170 *
* c/o DESY, Notkestr. 85                     Fax: +49-40-89902-149 *
* D-22603 Hamburg                   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* GERMANY                       Web: www.embl-hamburg.de/~msweiss/ *
*                                                                  *
********************************************************************


On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Sara Elizabeth Cnudde wrote:

> ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
> ***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a structure that I'm refining that I believe has a metal site in
> which 50% of the time it's occupied by cadmium and the other 50% of the time
> this same site is occupied by magnesium.  How can I really tell if this is
> true?    If I put Mg in with 100% occupancy I see a lot of density in my
> fo-fc map contoured at 3 sigma indicating that this is incorrect.  However,
> if I put in Cd with 50% occupancy I no longer see this density but if the Cd
> has 100% occupancy I see density in the fo-fc map contoured at -3 sigma.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sara
>
>

Reply via email to