***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


No. 'omit' is reflection omit mode. It is an obsolete bias reduction scheme which has been replaced by the perturbation gamma correction. There is no conceivable reason you would want to use it. I am trying to get some of the useless options removed from the dm gui slowly, but that one hasn't gone yet.

These two papers have some info.
Cowtan K. D., Main P. (1996) Phase combination and cross validation in iterated density modification calculations. Acta. Cryst., D52, pp. 43-48 Cowtan K. D. (1999) Error Estimation and Bias Correction in Phase Improvement Calculations. Acta. Cryst., D55, pp. 1555-1567

Neither of these do what you want. (If you have NCS, then you might want to try the 'COMBINE NOCOMBINE' option, otherwise dm can't help you).

Kevin

Noinaj wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know exactly what the DM program --> (Phase Combination Scheme [omit])does exactly? What about [perturbation]? Does [omit] have any comparison to the CNS --> composite_omit? I know that CNS--> composite_omit omits parts of model (5% or so) during refinement in order to create less model bias in the final density map. In CCP4, DM program --> PCS [omit] does a reflection omit process, is this correct? What advantages of each and how do they compare? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Keep it simple since I am still learning. Cheers,
Nick

Reply via email to