Hi David,

You can use Sheldrick's Calcium Bond Valence Sum to descriminate
between metals (see Muller, P., Kopke, S., and Sheldrick, G. M. (2003)
Acta Crystallogr., Sect. D: Biol. Crystallogr. 59, 32-37) even at low
resolution.  I have had good success with this method combined with
estimation of anomalous contribution scaled against the S atoms as
suggested by Kay.

Have a look at <gratuitous self plug> Graham, S. C., Bond, C. S.,
Freeman, H. C., and Guss, J. M. (2005) Biochemistry 44, 13820-13836.
</gratuitous self plug> for plenty of examples.  To do the anomalous
difference calculations I just integrated a 2x2x2 A box around the
metal atom and around the S atoms (in MAPMAN) then calculated the
ratio of anomalous difference...

Cheers,

Stephen