I do use the Duet vectors extensively and they work just fine. I have trouble
with my protein
complex, but that is solely related to my proteins. My lab mate has used these
vectors very
successfully.

I have been using pRSF-Duet and pETDuet1 more than pCDFDuet1 or pACYCDuet1 for
no specific reason
except for a slight preference for the antibiotics. I avoid pACYCDuet1 (Cam
resistance) since a lot
of expression cells I use have plasmids with Cam resistance.

Also, I recently heard about the chaperone co-expression from Takara and folks
claim that this
system works well.

Also, some folks recommend pCOLD vectors (Takara). Might be worth looking into
if you are shopping
anyway. I don't think these are for co-expression but it is just as easy to
stitch in a T7 promoter
and RBS to incorporate additional genes.

Hope that helps.
Raji