parkash wrote:
Hi,
     I have one structural refinement problem.
I am working on a protein crystals which diffracted to 2.8 Å. But when I refine through REFMAC5, with 0.1 wt(geometry to x-ray terms), I get high B-factors around 70. But if I do TLS refinement, the R-factors lower down and B-factors come down to 40.

My question is; Are TLS refined B-factors real?? Can I trust them?
or what else could be done to lower down the B.factors?

BR
vimal

This is or should be a FAQ - all B factors after TLS are relative to the TLS restraints Try running TLSANL and that should give you back a more meaningful overall B

Eleanor