On May 14, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Mark Del Campo wrote:

At what refinement resolution or resolution ranges would you call a structure "high resolution" vs. "low resolution"? I realize that this may boil down to semantics (e.g. some may classify structures as
"medium resolution"), but I wanted to get an opinion from the pros.

This really needs to take into account the numerical resolution vs. inherent-coolness-factor tradeoff matrix.

For example, if the macromolecule is comprised of 100% amino acids and catalyzes a reaction in the Krebs cycle, high resolution is 0.5*(C=C), the carbon-carbon double-bond length. If it is a snRNP, 7Å is "moderate resolution."