Hello all

I am working on small protein-protein complex of 10 kDa each component.Among
these complex one of the partner known to be highly

 flexible but in complex they are suppose to be well structured and from a
tight complex . I am trying to crystallise this complex. When i add the
protein in crystallisation solution it precipitates immediately in the
crystallisation drop and make slightly yellowish precipitate in most of the
consitions (90%). Conditions in which this proteins either doesnot
precipitate or precipitate with slight delay are either have PEG or Tris-cl
Ph=8.5 buffer. Even the condition which have amm. sulphate like precipitants
and Tris pH=8.5 as a buffer, it precipitates immediately. I am using protein
concentration of 15 mg per ml in buffer Tris-cl Ph=8.0, 100mM NaCl and 1%
Glycerol. This protein forms a slimy yellow deposition on the membrane
surface of the centricon while concentration of the protein.Can any one
suggest what could be the problem under this scenario? suggestions to avoid
the precipitaion of the protein under crystallisation condition as well as
to avoid the slimy deposition fromation on the bed of membrane of the
centricon. I will highly appreciate the comments.

I would also like to know even the comments about the crystallisation
trouble associated with the unstructured or flexible proteins.

Thanks in advance

Regards

peter