        From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On
Behalf Of Samy kannu
        Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:40 PM
        To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: [ccp4bb] citrate blocks the active site

                Dear all,

                One of my enzymes crystallized in 0.1 M citric acid pH
3.5 and 25% PEK 3350. The structure solution reveals, citrate molecule
is occupying the active site.
                Moreover citrate mediates the dimer formation.
                I tried crystallization in the same condition with
ligand using soaking with different concentrations of ligands and lower
concentration of citric acid (below 0.5 M of citric acid, crystals are
broken). Cocrystallization also tried.
                I collected several data sets with these combinations.
                The Structure solutions from all these data sets give
only citrate complex.

                I found crystals only in citrate condition.

                Any suggestions !!

                Thanks.
                Skkannu