Zitat von George DeTitta <deti...@hwi.buffalo.edu>:

I'd appreciate it if people could tell me their experiences with what I
would call "phantom crystals", or "ghost crystals".  These are objects
that display the seeming morphology of crystals (clear facets, sharp
edges)

... There is also a second type of "ghost crystals", those which do not have edges at all, with a ball- or egg-like apearance and which diffract perfectly well!

but do not diffract X-rays AT ALL.  I would not count objects
that diffract to 30 A in this category.  I mean objects that don't show
a single Bragg spot.

George T. DeTitta, Ph.D.

Principal Research Scientist

Hauptman-Woodward Institute

Professor and Chairman

Department of Structural Biology

SUNY at Buffalo

700 Ellicott Street Buffalo NY 14203-1102 USA

(716) 898-8600 (voice)

(716) 898-8660 (fax)

www.hwi.buffalo.edu <http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu>