Dear ALL:

     Sorry for this kind of off-topic question.

    I am going to co-crystallize one protein with cholesterol. I read some
papers saying that
their protein can be pre-incubated with 1mM cholesterol in the presence of 5%
(v/v) ethanol.

   TO do so, I first dissolved cholesterol in 100% ethanol at a concentration
of 10mM. However, it is very difficult to make the dilution into 5% ethanol
either just in water or some buffers.

   Does anyone have such experience to make cholesterol solution in normal
buffers plus some ethanol?

   Thanks a lot,

Jerry McCully

Hotmail.