You don't necessarily need the second dimension.
BN-PAGE gel:
protein A alone| some proteins you know the size as reference|protein B alone|
your mixture

You will be able to see in the mixture a) one or b) multiple bands, since the
Coomassie is equally distributed and attached to your protein in a
non-denaturing way it is directly proportional to the molecular mass of your
protein complex.

I'm searching for the protocol which was I believe either from the Görg group
or a group in Berlin, perhaps also Mann demonstrating dissociation of a
multimeric complex in dependence of reducing agent.

If I find it I will post it tonight.

Jürgen

-