CCP4 way:
locate the Se sites with SHELX (if you use the CCP4I gui it's technically a
ccp4 program :-) )
Try using only your peak data set first. If you can't locate your sites with
the single wavelength then add remote (DAD) and if that doesn't work go MAD.

non-ccp4 way
run hkl2map as frontend to SHELX, do the same thing.

After 10 minutes go and open a bottle of your favourite sparkling cider* and
start tracing the structure.

Jürgen

* can be replaced by other sparkling product containing trace amounts of EtOH
supplemented with flavours

On May 19, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Qing Lu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to protein crystallography. I would like to know the steps involved
> in solving a MAD dataset by using the program in CCP4 where you determine the
> phases and then obtain the trace. The dataset is collected at 3 different
> wavelengths (peak, inflection and remote) using Se-Met as the scatterer. The
> crystals diffracted to resolution of 2 Angstrsoms and has a good anomalous
> signal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Qing Lu

-
Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894