Dear Deena,

yes, I have a Mac Pro with an Nvidia FX 4500 running under 10.6.3. For me, all programs work more or less fine in hardware stereo (Pymol, Coot, Moloc, Chimera). I've done the following to get it working:

1. Connect the CRT monitor to the first DVI socket of the graphics card (the one further away from the 3-pin Mini-DIN)
2. Connect the TFT to the second DVI socket (in the middle)
3. Connect the emitter to the 3-pin Mini-DIN socket
4. Choose a resolution for the CRT that allows a refresh rate of 120 Hz
5. I've arranged the monitors such that the menu bar is on the TFT (you might want to change this, if you like) 6. Not necessary since 10.6, but I've installed the most recent X11 from xquartz.macosforge.org

You can start MacPyMOL or PyMOLX11Hybrid with the parameters "-X 1800 -Y 200 -S" (you might want to play with the X,Y position) and switch pymol to stereo in the application (still required despite -S). For me, it is necessary to start pymol on the CRT monitor with suitable X,Y parameters, since dragging a X11 stereo window from the TFT to the CRT could lead to a crash of your whole session.

Good luck,

Dirk.