Matheus, Ian, Frank, Jonathan
Thanks for all the comments.

It is easy to calculate the amount of splitting of the spots once the
cell dimensions of each component are known. For the P212121 case, with
a-b twinning, splitting will be zero in the c* direction. The splitting
will increase as h and k increase.  The splitting would frequently occur
in the phi direction and would not be as apparent if large phi rotation
increments were used.

Ian's comment "In this situation the mosaicity becomes meaningless"
presumably refers to the "mosaicity" produced by data processing
programs. Yes, this will be rather compromised! However mosaicity will
be a factor if one wants to measure the spots independently. The angular
spread of the domains (if this is defined as mosaicity - terminology
again!) will tend to merge split spots in to each other thereby
providing a limitation if one wants to resolve them. This limitation is
not absolute. In general the Bragg spacings of the spots will be
different and they could be resolved as in powder diffraction.

My not so hidden agenda for all this is to evaluate whether a higher
resolution diffraction set up would allow one to measure the majority of
the spots independently for pseudo merohedral crystals. Also whether
this would be a useful thing to do (e.g. for twin fractions near 50% as
in Ian's example). There are also rather more speculative possibilities
for experimental detwinning for the 50% merohedral case.

Finally, I think I have captured Yang's original thread. I hope you
found the answer to your original question!

Regards
Colin