From: "Rex Palmer" <rex.pal...@btinternet.com>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 9:44:39 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [ccp4bb] Lactose refinement

We are attempting REFMAC refinement of a protein structure which is complexed
with lactose. One of the rings (the one oriented away from the protein) loses
the chair conformation which is flagged as a problem by COOT check chiral
volumes .
Is there anything we can do to restrain the ring as a chair and would this
necessarily be a valid move? ie why can't the conformation deviate from the
norm?

Rex Palmer
Birkbeck College

--
Michael C. Thompson

Graduate Student

Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Division

Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry

University of California, Los Angeles

mi...@chem.ucla.edu