I've put a couple of example programs that do this sort of thing (using the
clipper libraries) in

ftp://ftp.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pub/pre/helixanglethings.tar.gz

Phil

1) helixangle.cpp

 Calculate angle beween two helices

  Superimpose standard helix on two specified chains & ranges,
 then calculate angle between them

2)  kinky.cpp

 Analyse change of helix axis directions between 2 structures