Thanks, lan.

For quaternions, it needs w^2+x^2+y^2+z^2=1, thus reduces variables to 3.
But fortunately,(x,y,z) here only represents a direction of the rotation
angle, and the absolute value of them are not that important.
I think a rotation vector and the rotation angle could be a very good
representation of any rotation in 3D space, and that's more directviewing
than the rotation Matrix which is a Matrix, or Euler Angles, which need
three rotation angles.
The Exponential Map, it's too complicated, so many mathematics....But, from
the definition of q = e^v, I think they are identical. and the direction of
v is identical to (x,y,z) in the quaternion.

Regards,

Yuan SHANG