Not true. For MAD and SIRAS you still have to try both hands of the heavy
atom substructure (unless the heavy atom arrangement is itself
centrosymmetric, then both hands are correct).

Maybe I should also mention for completeness, that for the space groups
I41, I4122 and F4122 the heavy atoms have to be inverted at a point that
is not at the origin (e.g. x, y, z -> 1-x, 0.5-y, 0.25-z for I4122).
Fortunately SHELXE and some other programs know this and apply the
correct inversion automatically.

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,