Formally, a complex number (e.g. a structure factor) is not a vector.
Just because the addition & subtraction rules (i.e. 'a+b' & 'a-b') are
defined for real numbers, complex numbers and vectors doesn't make a
complex number a vector, any more than it makes a real number a vector
(or vice versa).  Entities are defined according to the rules of
algebra that they obey, thus real and complex numbers obey the same
rules, i.e. the familiar addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division & raising to a power.  Hence real and complex numbers are
both scalars: a real number is a special case of a complex scalar with
zero imaginary part (one could program an algorithm for reals using
only complex variables & functions and still get the right answer).
This also means that the transcendental functions (sin, cos, tan, exp,
log etc) are all defined equally well for both real and complex
scalars, but not for vectors, a property that programmers in Fortran,
C & C++ (and probably others) will be familiar with.  Of the addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division & power rules, vectors only obey
the first two, but unlike real & complex scalars they also obey the
scalar product and exterior product rules.

The general rule is that "if and only if it looks like a duck, waddles
like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck" - complex
numbers might look like vectors but they neither waddle nor quack like
them!

Cheers

-- Ian