I try not to advertise SHELX too often on CCP4bb, but this is
just the sort of disorder problem that small molecule
crystallographers handle successfully and rather frequently
with SHELX. The use of 'free variables' for tying occupancies
together and restraining distances to be equal is something
that it would be nice to have in phenix or refmac too.

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,
University of Goettingen,