From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
xaravich ivan
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 9:51 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Crystal gel band

Hi everyone,
I have grown some crystals after micro-seeding starting from thin-small
needles from needle-clusters. These crystals are larger in size than the
needles but are comparable to the shape and don't look like salt crystals.
But I cannot see the bands( its a complex) in the SDS-PAGE.I do not have a
home source,handy and would like to send these to the synchrotron.

Is it possible to NOT see a band of protein crystals in SDS-PAGE, if, say,
the amount of protein is < 1uG?
Has anyone experienced such a thing (no band in gel, but crystal diffracts)?

It would be nice if I get observations/suggestions.

ivan