On Dec 20, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Jacob Keller wrote:
> what is the .odp file extension?

    http://tinyurl.com/mjokqs

A .odp file is an "open document presentation". It is the open version of a
power point presentation.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

An .odp file is an ISO standard--like the country code you dial when you call
your favorite Aunt.

You can open a .odp file with the free office suit called OpenOffice. Just
download it from http://www.openoffice.org/ and start double-clicking to open
the file just like you would if you were using some other presentation software.

Also, Jlliu Liu set a good example by sending the document in an open format so
anyone can open it (even though some may not have heard of an odp file before).
By using an open format, Jlliu Liu has catered to convenience rather than
catering to ignorance, and has increased the range of people who can provide
him with help.

James