Dear CCP4bb,
I am trying to solve the structure of a protein-protein complex. The two proteins are co-expressed and co-purified and I get a homogeneous 1:3 complex, which is the predicted composition. I get several hits using commercial crystallisation screens (including the MD ProPlex screen), but all crystals only contain the trimeric, more stable protein of the two.

I am now considering to crosslink them, but my problem is that I cannot modify them separately to get a specific crosslink, since one of the proteins precipitates by itself. I would appreciate all protocols for crosslinking of proteins aimed for crystallisation, or references to structures solved of crosslinked proteins.

Thank You,
Catrine

--
Catrine Berthold Siöberg, PhD
Stockholm Center for Biomembrane Research