Try different detergents.
Try 10%  or more glycerol.
Try adding ligands (if present/known).
Try varying ionic strength and/or pH.
Try giving more specifics so people on the board may be able to help you better.

Bert

On 3/23/11 1:51 PM, "gauri misra" <kamga...@gmail.com> wrote:

The protein purifies nicely there is no problem in that. Just at the last step
when it is concentrated it starts precipitating beyond a concentration of
1mg/ml.
Already the purification buffers have the detergent.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Kornelius Zeth
<kornelius.z...@tuebingen.mpg.de> wrote:

2 M urea and detergents

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:41:55 -0400
 gauri misra <kamga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> What are the different methods to prevent protein aggregation while
> concentrating so as to increase the concentration of the protein?
> I have some idea of adding EDTA and charged amino acids like L-Arg and
> L-Glu.
> I would appreciate if the readers share their experiences.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gauri

 Kornelius Zeth
 Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology
 Dept. Protein Evolution
 Spemannstr. 35
 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
 kornelius.z...@tuebingen.mpg.de