Hi,

I have 2 rigid and fixed proteins and want to quickly judge whether there
are some steric clashes. One quick way I am thinking is using CCP4
AREAIMOL to calculate the surfaces of each individual protein as well as
the heterodimer, and check whether the sum of the two individual surfaces
is larger then the dimer. I am wondering whether I can get some advices
about this method.

I also know there must be some other tools to quickly do it since this is
kinda a simple docking problem, and I appreciate if suggested some more
direct methods.

Finally, I am also wondering whether AREAIMOL considers the assymetric
unit during calculation.

Thanks!

Hailiang