Hi Edward:

Actually as I mentioned in the original thread, I have 2 proteins, and
wanted to randomly put the smaller one around the larger one, and quickly
tell whether there is some steric clashes. The smaller protein has a
radius about 20A, and therefore I plan to generate a mask around the
larger protein with a probe radius of 20A, and if I random select a point
falling inside this mask, I won't even give it a try for the smaller
protein. (I need to generate huge amount of conformations and trying to
save time for steric clash judgment).

Anyway, I will try MAMA as you suggested, and see how it work.

Thanks again for your effort!

Best Regards, Hailiang