HI Savvas,
We recently had a protein that showed two overlapping peaks on the disposable
fast flow Q columns, so we decided to see if we could resolve them with a
higher resolution Q media. It ended up having 7 distinct peaks, only one of
which was free of contaminants. We have also noticed that the presence of heat
shock protein bound to our favorite protein is highly dependent on the
induction time/temp, and also varies between bacterial strains. It is also
effected by the media. Yo might try osmotic shock or other additives in the
media.

We have also had luck by adding 1-3 molar urea in the lysis buffer. We get lots
more protein out, with better purity, but some of it crashes, which I think is
purifying out the misfolded protein.

Lastly, you might try a fusion protein to something that has chaperone
activity, like MBP, which may mask the binding epitopes for the other proteins.
Best regards,
Kendall Nettles