Hi,
I had set up crystallization with a bicine  as buffer and peg 400 as
precipitant. I used the detergent DDAO/LDAO as an additive to the
crystallization drop (one of the hampton additive screen condition, it says
5% on the vial)
I have a clear drop and in the centre there is a shiny precipitate (looks
like granules attached to eah other).
Then I opened the drop to touch those granules with a needle, but
suprisingly its like a skin and the skin surrounded my needle, and then some
how I was able to but back the skin in the ppt.
orelse the drop is clear if I remove the skin from the drop.
I couldnot see the same on the control drop with no protein and just buffer.
Does anyone have any experience with  such kind of of shiny skins on
crystallization drops??

Is it protein? Can I go forward and use it for seeding??

Please suggest
with regards
Rashmi