Rashmi,

Yes, you should use the needle for seeding.
The first thing to do is to seed your control drop to make sure that the needles are not bicine, as this buffer can give needles at certain pH at high PEG400
concentrations.
Next (or at the same time) also seed other protein drops that you have already set up under similar conditions. I recommend streak seeding, so that even if crystal growth
is slow you will see the streak line early on.

Enrico.