Dear Katie,

the menu entry "Calculate -> Change Chain ID" works fine, although in the
current version (0.6.1), you cannot use the preselected "Whole Chain" radio
button but have to explicitly tell coot the residue range 'from' -> 'to'.

Tim

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:13:56AM -0400, Katrina L Molland wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to use Coot to change the numbering of the residues in a PDB
> file. The structure contains six semi-identical lettered chains, currently
> described as D through I. For some reason, the feature in coot that should
> allow me to change them to A-F, as well as change the residue numbering, will
> only allow me to alter the first chain. Any ideas? The only other solution I
> can think of is to directly alter the text of the PDB file, but the tedious
> nature of the task and the possibility of introducing mistakes makes it
> rather unattractive.
> Thanks in advance,
> Katie Molland
> Purdue University, Department of Biology

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4
D-37077 Goettingen