I've made a quick look at the model and the paper - and it doesn't
need more than a quick look.  The description of the model in
the paper sounds great.  The problems in the model are clear.  My
favorite is the quote "Trp-477 of PTH1R makes several van der Waals
contacts with Trp-339 and Lys-337 of G-beta-1 ...".  They are "contacts"
all right.  The distances between the 477:CH2 and 337:CE is 2.75 A
and between 477:NE1 and 339:CH2 is 2.26 A.  There are many more.

   In general the geometry of this entire model is terrible.  In
Table 1 the bond length rmsd is listed at 1.64 A and the bond angles
are 0.0078 deg!  Perhaps one is to presume the numbers should be
swapped.  In any case, the values I calculate for the model are
0.160 A and 4.46 deg!  Absolutely dreadful.  The PDB header lists
the (swapped) values from the paper and then reports hundreds of
outliers.

   The tools proposed by the Validation Task Force should cause a
model like this to pop out clearly.  Even the old tools show this
model is quite unreliable.  We just have to use them.

Dale Tronrud