I actually think you *can *make comparisons between different proteins.  We
heard a very nice talk by Jose Marquez about exactly this at the RAMC
meeting recently.

Basically, 45C seemed to be the dividing line.  If your protein melts below
this it's a bad sign for crystallization and may point to setting up your
crystallization experiments at lower temperatures.

Patrick

--
 patr...@douglas.co.uk    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
 Douglas House, East Garston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 7HD, UK

 http://www.douglas.co.uk
 Tel: 44 (0) 148-864-9090    US toll-free 1-877-225-2034
 Regd. England 2177994, VAT Reg. GB 480 7371 36