For what it's worth, we've been using thermofluor to compare the 'apparent'
melting points of enzymes with their thermal stability measured as
inhibition of their respective reactions by elevated temperature. The data
so far make sense - the differences in apparent enzyme Tm (using the same
conditions as the reaction mix!) match the differences in the
half-inhibition T. Not the absolute number,though (which is not unexpected
givn the different kinds of measurements involved).

So I'd say thermofluor is reasonably good at comparing different proteins.
Qualitatively at least.

Artem

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Patrick Shaw Stewart <patr...@douglas.co.uk