Hello Sam,

if the ligand dictionary file is not available from the CCP4 monomer library
(refmac would stop when it recognized an unknown ligand), you have to
generate it from either the PRODRG server (
http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/prodrg/) or PHENIX eLBOW (
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/elbow.htm). Use it as LIBIN for
refmac to define the restraints. Coot will also need it (File --> Import CIF
dictionary) for real space refinement.

Wei-Chun

--
Wei-Chun Kao, MSc.
TEL: +49-761-203-5277

Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg im Breisgau
Stefan-Meier-Str. 17
D-79104 Freiburg im Breisgau
Germany