We are looking for a research associate to join our group.  If you have any
questions, please contact me.

-Dirk

Dirksen E. Bussiere, Ph.D., MBA
Director, Structural Chemistry
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
4560 Horton Street, M/S 4.6
Emeryville, CA. 94608  USA
dirksen.bussi...@novartis.com

Scientific Associate I/II, Structural Chemistry
Req. No. 87432BR
NIBR - Novartis
Emeryville, CA

About Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research
At Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (“NIBR”), the global research
organization of Novartis, we are committed to discovering innovative medicines
to cure disease and improve human health. By hiring the best academic, biotech,
and pharmaceutical trained scientists, we have fostered and atmosphere for drug
discovery where innovation is rewarded. It is ultimately the talent of the
individual that determines our success, while our state-of-the-art technologies
and resources enable these ideas to be realized.

NIBR has sites in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Emeryville, CA; Basel, Switzerland;
Horsham, UK; and Shanghai, China. Our Emeryville location focuses on early drug
discovery efforts for the Oncology Disease Area and offers a variety of
positions in Biology, Chemistry, and functions such as Technology, Patents,
Research Sciences and other areas that support our scientific resources.

About Structural Chemistry:
The NIBR Emeryville Structural Chemistry group is responsible for actively
pursuing the structures of macromolecular drug targets either as apo-proteins
or in complex with lead compounds to help guide structure-based drug design,
and actively participates in the drug discovery process. The group also
provides biophysics and solutions studies support for drug discovery projects.

Position Description:
The qualified candidate will use his/her scientific expertise to aid in
structure-based drug design efforts.   Specifically, this individual will
determine high-resolution, three-dimensional structures of macromolecular drug
targets (typically proteins), including crystallization and structure solution
of medically important structures and target-ligand complexes. Additionally,
this individual will interact with computational chemists and medicinal
chemists to design new scaffolds and improve lead compounds.

Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will have a BS/MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Molecular
Biophysics with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in protein
biochemistry, protein crystallization, and crystallographic methods,
pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus. Strong computational and
molecular modeling skills, experience in solution studies (calorimetry, NMR,
etc.) and/or experience in structure-based drug design is preferred, as is
experience with membrane protein biochemistry and/or crystallization.
Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
the ability to work in large, multidisciplinary project teams.

To apply for this position, please visit:

http://novartis.avature.net/jobs#ViewJob/94