In addition to the remarks of Mark and Tim, could you make sure that you are
refining in Refmac with the correct flag for the Rfree set (value = 0)? In
Phenix, this is the opposite: the value is 1 for test reflections and 0 for
work reflections. So going from a PHENIX environment to Refmac, you might well
be refining against your small fraction of test reflections. I have seen this
give spurious density features (obviously) and serious model bias.

Cheers
Jonathan
Ghent University