On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 05:28 +0000, Yuri Pompeu wrote:
> In refmac however the newly generated refmacX.mtz file contains phase
> info as PHIC calculated from your model. Using this for subsequent
> rounds of refinement results in terrific looking maps as they are now
> biased (even more so) by the input model.

PHIC won't be used in refinement unless you specify it, so this can't
happen if you just use the refmac output mtz.  AFAIU, the reason the
output mtz should never be used in subsequent refinement is because the
Fo's are modified.  I never understood why one would even have an idea
of using the output mtz as a new input.  Maybe you can explain this to
me at last.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
                                                Julian, King of Lemurs