Hi all,

There is a good news and it is that we have got crystals this morning which
have diffracted upto 2.5 ang at home source and data collection is going
on. I hope this solves the problem though the not so good anomalous signal
at home source will probably make SAD phasing difficult. However to provide
some additional information asked for by Prof. Francis E Reyes:

The data is in all probability twinned because of two reasons:
1) At the time of data collection the two fused crytsals( or crystallites?)
could be seen clearly which unfortunately could not be separated.
2) The data shows clear interference of lattices with one lattice showing
much higher intensity for the first half or so of the 360 images collected
and the other lattice for the second half. I have tried separating the
frames and solving but it didnt work out.
The spacegroup is P41212 in all data. The synchroton data has resolution of
2.75 ang collected at 1.60428 ang wavelength and the home data 3.0  ang.
collected at CuKalpha wavelength. All are Co soaks. I should restate that
it is a DNA oligomer and though I have been able to get heavy atom
positions and the occupancies look ok but the phased map is too noisy to be
interpreted.

Regards,

ARKO

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Francis E Reyes <francis.re...@colorado.edu