Hi Enricho,
The scenario of streak seeding follows Ostwald ripening but will
this happen in other situations as follows

But in a special case where you have some crystals that appear as large
rods which dissolved when taken out of the incubator (or) during the
observation( these were antibody-complex crystals which were grown in
bicelles(DMPC:CHAPSO
and detergent mixtures and cholestrol, conditions citric acid pH 4.5,
with 2.4 M ammonium sulfate).
The crystals re-apparered in a day over noght incuabtion as heavy
showers of needles with heavy precipitate around.

Very hard to reproduce the conditions.
Still trying to work around these conditions.

Would like to know your thoughts if this is against the laws small
crystals to large crystals (energetically
favoured) conditions.

Also any suggestions welcome for improvements.

Pius

--
Pius S Padayatti,PhD,
Phone: 216-658-4528