Hi Yuri,
i strongly suggest these plates sold through Hampton research
Paul Marienfeld GmbH plates for your use.
here is a link , best plates in the market.
link: http://hamptonresearch.com/product_detail.aspx?cid=10&sid=182&pid=611

Plates comes with extra cover slips in addition to single glass cover
for four wells at a time
whcih let you set these plates manually if you like it that way.

Good for automations as well.
only problem: since the galss is siliconized you can not write anything on it
(may be there is some industry grade marker might work.)
But there is enough place on side to stick a printed label or bar code
for your'automation
for keeping records
hope this is what you wanted to know.

if you are money crunched and want to make some plates
on your own. buy regular micoscope slides, some two sided
tapes (3M) very thin and a tool that sold for cutting out small pieces
of tissue samples. it looks like a pen with sharp
punch enough to make a hole in a 3M tape
make a 27 hole plate in a standard microslide.

cheers
pius

--
Pius S Padayatti,PhD,