Iodide is a fantastic derivative.  One does not need a lot with modern X-ray
equipment, careful data collection, and great software.

________________________________
From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Rajesh Kumar
[ccp4...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:51 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] effective iodide conc. for SAD data

Dear All,

I have very thin crystals but diffracting. I was not able to handle them easily
for iodide soak. I always lost the crystals during manipulation and other big
crystals obtained after seeding doesn't even give any diffraction. I tried for
co-crystallizing with NaI. The crystals appear only up to 20 mM in 1:2 (3ul
drop of 1 ul protein and 2ul reservoir).
Is this concentration of iodide is enough for SAD data  ( if it had good
incorporation) ?
I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rajesh